The University of De La Salle Bajío is located in Leon, Guanajuato, in Mexico. It is an Institution that has dedicated more than 44 years to Superior Education. University of De La Salle Bajio offers 28 bachelor's degree programs, 4 Profesional Asociado and 33 post-graduate programs. The number of students within the University is of 13,500 among its 5 campus.
University of De La Salle Bajio is accredited by FIMPES (Federation of Mexican Private Superior Education Institutions), it has been awarded the acknowledgement of Academic Excellence by the Mexican Ministry of Education (SEP).
The School of Dentistry of University of De La Salle Bajío, started in 1975 and nowadays it is considered one of the best dental schools in the country. Since 2002 it has been a Dental School accredited by the Dental Board of California, and since 2001 it has been member of the National Council of Dental Education (CONAEDO).
In May 2012, the School of Dentistry at the University De La Salle Bajío got the re- accreditation by the Dental Board of California for a period of seven years.
In April 2006, the Dental Board of California approved De La Salle's "Curso Internacional de Revalidación en Odontología" (CIRO) (International Dental Program), which was designed to help dentists accomplish the educational process required for the dental license validation in the State of California. This will allow the dentist to practice dentistry in the State of California. This program was thought for dentists who graduated from dental schools outside the United States.
Mission Statement of the School of Dentistry
The Mission of the UDLSB Dental School is to prepare individuals through an integrated learning process to develop the necessary knowledge, skills, attitudes, and values through high-quality education, dedication to research and devotion to community service in order to provide excellent dental healthcare to the public.
The UDLSB Dental School graduates will be committed to continuously updated education, open to innovation, and committed to the implementation of prevention schemes to manage and treat oral illnesses, through an ethical and efficient general Dentistry practice.
Vision Statement of the School of Dentistry
The vision of the UDLSB-DS is to be recognized as the best Dental School in the nation of Mexico and to develop International visibility based on the quality of our educational, oral health care, research and community service programs, and the efforts of our graduates to address the oral health needs of the public.
The CIRO (IRDP) is divided in two stages: the first stage is a six weeks standardization course of 250 hours during January and February. The second stage is going to be held during 4 semesters (2 years). Because CIRO (IRDP) is a bilingual program, the non Spanish speaker admitted students have to take an intensive Spanish course from October until December previously to the CIRO (IRDP) Program beginning in January.
To join the Internacional Dental Program we require:
1. Fill out and sign the application.
2. Copy translated to english of birth certificate.
3. Two copies of passport.
4. Three recent letters of recommendation in a closed and sealed envelope: Two practicing dentists and one personal.
5. Statement of purpose (no more than 2 sheets of paper).
6. Certificate of health (a written from a Physician confirming that the applicant does not have any chronic or communicable diseases).
7. Translated to English copies of: professional diploma and professional license.
8. Report “Course by Course” from the Educational Credential Evaluator Inc.https://www.ece.org/ECE/Institutions/Institution-Reports Original and one copy.
9. One recent passport size photograph attached in the application form.
10. Professional Curriculum Vitae (Resume).
11. TOEFL score: 213 (CBT) or 73 (IBT) Original and one copy
12. National Dental Board Exam 1 (NDBE-1) minimum score 75 pts. Or pass. Original or request to ADA to send the result to the email firstname.lastname@example.org
13. Take and pass the theoretical and practical admission exam administered by DeLaSalle.
14. Personal interview with the Program Admissions Committee on the same day as the admission test.
15. Non-refundable application fee in the amount of $250.00 US dollars to:
Payment in México
Payment outside of Mexico
* Do not send check, nor money order, nor cash.
FOR MEXICAN CITIZENS
1. Copy of birth certificate
2. Copy of CURP
FOR NON MEXICANS CITIZENS
1. Translated to english, notarized and apostilled copy of birth certificate
2. Copy of passport
deadline to receive documents
Deadline for receipt documents for class 2020-2021 will be in June, 14th, 2019. All documents shall be sent in one closed package. Documents should be sent to:
Preparatoria De La Salle Bajío
Clínica Internacional de Odontología
Dr. Luis Carbajal Bello
Blvd. J. Alonso de Torres No. 3602
The state of Guanajuato is located in the central region of Mexico known as "El Bajío". The city of Leon is located to the north of the state, on the limits with the state of Jalisco.
It has a population of 1,270,000 inhabitants and it is mainly an industrial city in the manufacture of leather and footwear, although in the last decades, the profile has been shifting towards other industries as well as services. The weather is semi-desert with 350 days of sun and an average temperature of 27°C, spring being the driest, hottest season of the year, reaching up to 38°C.
Its location is optimal since it is only a few hours driving time from some of the most important cities in the center of the country such as: Mexico City is no more than 4 hours away, Queretaro, San Luis Potosi, Guadalajara and Aguascalientes are only around two hours from Leon. In addition, Leon is communicated by airplane to the main cities in Mexico, the United States, Canada and Europe.